David Kilgour, Member of Parliament (Retired)
for the southeastern area of Edmonton, Alberta
May 1979 until January 2006:
Archived Headlines on Turkey:
- General Mayhem guides Turkey’s media repression
, By Peter Preston, The Guardian, October 16, 2016
- The Commissioner publishes a memorandum on the human rights implications of the emergency measures in Turkey, Council of Europe, STRASBOURG, October 7, 2016
- Turkey’s current crisis, By David Kilgour, Diplomat Online, October 4, 2016
- Secular Turks may be in the minority, but they are vital to Turkey’s future, By Umut Parmaksiz, The Conversation, September 6, 2016
- Turkey makes McCarthyism look like a picnic, IOL News, 5 September 2016
- Turkey Purge: The Numbers
- Are the Turkish Leader Erdogan's Claims of Terrorist Coup Plotting to Be Believed?,
By Richard W. Bulliet, AlterNet, August 15, 2016
- La descente aux enfers d'Erdogan, par Dimitri Kitsikis, Le Huffington Post, 12 août 2016
- Russia and Turkey: An 'alliance of misfits'?, By Sarah Rainsford,
BBC News, St Petersburg, 12 August 2016
- Cause or cult? What it means to be a Gulenist, By Mustafa Akyol, www.al-monitor.com, August 2, 2016
- The failed coup in Turkey: Erdogan’s revenge -
Turkey’s president is destroying the democracy that Turks risked their lives to defend, The Economist, July 23 2016
New book on pillaging of Falun Gong organs in China to be published in November by David Matas and David Kilgour
David's September 2007 book (co-authored with David T. Jones):
Uneasy Neighbo(u)rs: Canada, the USA and the Dynamics of State, Industry and Culture. Click here for the book reviews.
David's 1990 book about regional alienation in Canada. Click here to view the complete text.
David's 1994 book about a Russian trained spy in Canada. In 2004 he receives Canadian citizenship. Click here to view the complete text.
David's 1988 book about Western Canada. Click here to view the complete text.
David's chapter on Alberta in Canada: The Millennium Series. Click here for the complete text.